Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Equation Solving


So now we get into equation solving. My students got a very good background in that last year in 8th grade. So we just have to review two-step and then get into 3-step. We really focus on the "undo" aspect of equation solving at first, looking at what was used to build and then go backwards to solve. I don't get into distributive property yet (even though they saw it last year). I really focus on the "undo" process.

Here are my ISN pages:










While we were going over the mechanics of equation solving, I saw some trouble spots and created a foldable to address those.

Common Problem Spots







and here is where you can access the ISN pages for your copying needs. (it's got the templates and also created examples from the internet that I used for reference when creating mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment