Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Classroom Posters (mostly adapted from others!)

It's wonderful to see all these great poster ideas that other math teachers have created/borrowed/adapted and have put up in their classrooms.

Here are some that I have borrowed/adapted/created and have posted in my classroom! Students start school tomorrow so I'm all set with some nice new & fresh decorations. Sometimes I think my classroom can be a bit over-decorated, but I really like all the messages on my posters. And there are some blank spots around the room! I posted some new ones, and even have some other new ones in process not blogged about yet here. Will do another post once everything is set. But for now - poster round-up for 2015.

First of all - posters can be found in this file HERE.

Here is what I have posted - some old & some new!



RUBRIC on my BACK WALL

General expectations of what good math looks like. Something for students to think about. (all are laminated which caused a bit of a glare in the picture taking, oh well).







Math Practice Standards

 On one closet I post them all (printed for use from our department chairperson)


And then on another cabinet I post ones I seem to emphasize more than others. Especially when we are doing performance tasks.

PI ON CLOCK 

such a clever idea!  Again found on Sarah's blog. And she found it elsewhere. Love how ideas weave through all these different math teachers. I run "pi day" at our school, so I like this little year 'round reminder!


BE AWESOME

Idea from Rockstar Math Teacher blog, adapted.
Here is it in context - by my door (notice my cute little lav passes....those are just silly enough that students don't lose them).



WWSDS

Love love love slope dude, have used the video for years. But this poster idea came from the math=love blog, Sarah Hagan's creative twist, thank you!

Classroom Rules

I'm of a mindset that high school students know how they are supposed to behave in school so we don't have to spend time brainstorming how they should behave etc. It also helps that I am entering my 27th year of teaching so am a scary looking old lady (LOL) which naturally makes class management so much easier than it was when I was closer in age to my students. But I do like having colorful little reminders around the room about how they should behave (note my Garfield "Please & Thank You" poster by my front door.). Here are some other posters I put up around the room to reinforce good behavior. The first one I've had for a few years and can't find the source (sorry!) and the other colorful one can be found HERE. 

The one under the welcome sign is on my front wall bulletin board. This is the bulletin board that I post schedules, notices and general information for students. I haven't finished posting items yet but this is what the whole thing looks like so far:

Yes that IS Pythagoras in the upper left corner of my whiteboard!

Growth Mindset

We have a full bulletin board display that is modeled on Sarah Hagan's bulletin board in our math hallway. I took some of the growth mindset phrases and printed them out and posted them in my classroom:

Mathematical Quote Posters

These are on some of my cabinet doors. Yes I got them from Sarah on Math=Love. I'm fortunate that our copy machines print on 11 by 17 paper and our school library has a laminating machine (and color copier).






No comments:

Post a Comment