Thursday, August 13, 2015

My School Website


One piece of technology that our school system does provide for us is a school website and individual websites for teachers. We've changed "providers" over the years and currently use school.in.sites.

I use my website a lot. Students know that I post homework assignments on my calendar and upload helpful documents (such as homework, some answer keys, classwork, etc).

Students have to do a website investigation right at the start of the year so they get used to working with my website. I want them to be able to look up assignments and policies, check what they've missed if they are absent and look around at other useful information.

You can visit my website here.

Here is what my welcome page looks like:

Visit my page to check out the rest and to visit all the links listed on the top.

Students can check out assignments on my calendar:

They click on their class and the date they are looking at and a window pops up with what was covered that day and what the homework is for the next class.























And then students can access documents they might need at my Documents Etc link

Overall my website is a great communication tool for students and parents. It does take time to set up AND maintain but it helps students and encourages them to be responsible for their work.









No comments:

Post a Comment