Sunday, August 9, 2015

Projectile Motion (Algebra One)

Now we get to apply quadratics to projectile motion problems! Yay!
http://physics.tutorcircle.com/motion/projectile-motion.html

We do lots of examples, I have one of my old Algebra 2 PowerPoints that gives a decent introduction.

And then we do a lot in our ISN. We work with both ft/s and m/s. Here are my pages:



All the different types of questions that can be asked about a projectile motion situation can be confusing for students, so I made this ISN insert "Projectile Motion Deconstructed". It attempts to show all the different types of questions they might have to answer for any PM scenario.



The important thing is practice, practice, practice. My students work in their groups doing problems and then do more problems for homework. 

And this folder has all my ISN templates for this unit (8 blog posts worth! I'll post this link on each blog). It's way easier to upload them all together.

Here are supporting materials I used for this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment